Au Pair - what we offer
International Nannies & Homecare Ltd habeen placing Au Pairs since 2012
What is an Au Pair?
An Au Pair is typically a young woman who takes care of your children, does light housekeeping for up to 12 months. She is considered a part of your family and is interested in getting to know the Canadian way of life. The term “Au Pair” is French and means “equal to”, implying that the relationship between you, your children and the Au Pair is a reciprocal and caring one.
International Nannies & Home Care can offer you:
- Comprehensive Au Pair Screening abroad including personal interview to assess the Au Pair’s suitability for the program, verifying recent childcare and character references and a clean police record. We will recommend a candidate only if the references and interview indicate that our high standards have been met.
- Evaluation of the Au Pair’s qualifications to ensure she qualifies to enter Canada as an Au Pair under the Working Holiday Visa category.
- Consultation with you, our Client and potential Employer, with regards to your specific childcare needs, personality and anticipated start date of the Au Pair.
- Presenting selections of Au Pairs for your review and consideration - this includes the Au Pair’s CV and personal contact information.
- Making sure Au Pairs undergoes a medical exam before entering Canada and working with your children.
- Preparation of the Employment contract
- Providing helpful information to you on hiring a domestic worker in Canada including payroll calculation, intercultural communication and problem solving in regards to hiring and living with a foreign individual etc.
- Providing extensive information to your Au Pair as well on health and safety, emergency procedures, the 911 system, and how to deal with culture shock and the Canadian culture.
- Guidance, follow-up and support to the Employer and the Au Pair during the process, arrival and term of employment by our head office and local agents. We believe that continuous follow-up is the best way to avoid problems down the road.
- Agency Guarantee upon arrival of the Au Pair; guarantee will vary depending on the length you wish the Au Pair to work with you and your family ( 6 or 12 months).
- Supplying your Au Pair with contact details of other Au Pairs in her area (if applicable).